Vehicle routing & scheduling
Vehicle routing systems help transport managers plan and optimise their daily vehicle routes, enabling them to reduce both fuel costs and fleet size. ODL Studio uses the excellent jsprit vehicle routing library to provide the world’s first open-source standalone vehicle routing & scheduling system.
Using ODL Studio with jsprit, you can:
- Automatically schedule an efficient set of vehicle routes to serve delivery points.
- Model routes using real road networks, provided by the Graphhopper project.
- Edit vehicle routes and see how your changes effect the route shape and key statistics.
- View tabular breakdowns of key statistics - e.g. total mileage and drivetime.
- View the routes in an interactive map.
- Analyse time usage using a Gantt chart control.
- Generate detailed reports and export them to pdf or other formats (see example).
See our vehicle routing tutorial for more details.